Friday, June 29, 2007

Week 2 - Day 4: Rhythm of the Pace

It was REALLY hard to get out of bed today.  I came very close to just saying "screw it".  Even after I got out of bed and was putting on my shoes, the bed was still almost too inviting.  But, I'm not gonna get in shape with that attitude so... SMACK!  Off I go.

I was still half asleep when I walked out the door this morning and I accidentally hit the 3K workout instead of 5K.  I was hoping there was a way to edit the workout, even if only to change the distance, but that option was not there.  Not wanting to cancel my current workout, I decided to trudge on. 

Still wiping sleep out of my eyes, I figured I better try to take it easy or I wasn't going to make it.  However, I am still dorking with the songs in my playlist and have found that event though I like the song, it doesn't really get my butt in gear.  This is something I will need to resolve.  I am spending too much time fast-forwarding to the next song.  I can tell by my run graph that my song choices are affecting my pace.  Too many ups and downs.  Even though I was targeting a slower pace, I would prefer it to be more consistent.

Ok, so maybe it isn't the songs as much as my fat, tired, lazy ass, but for now, I plan on using that excuse.

Mile 1:  8:49,Mile 2:  9:02, Mile 3:  9:08

No comments: