Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Week 2 - Day 2: Just how far is 5K?

So today I did my first 5K run.  Ok, so it is only a little further than my planned 3 mile run, but for some reason it just seemed it would be further.  From what I found, 1K = 0.62 miles.  I have to say, that hearing the 1K, 2K, click by does sound better.  I guess you just hear it more often.

Today, I also decided to venture out on the Centennial Trail.  It is a nice run down by the river, but it does include a few interesting elements I don't find while running down the sidewalks in my neighborhood.

  1. The landscape is better.  I have to say seeing the various trees, plants, and the river itself are added bonuses over the cars, trucks, and landscaped yards.
  2. There are more people on the trail than the sidewalks in my neighborhood.  For the most part, everyone seemed very friendly.  This includes other runners, walkers, and bicycles.
  3. Bicycles scare the hell out of me...  Not the ones that I see coming at me, but the ones that come whizzing by "On your left!".

Mile 1:  7:55, Mile 2:  8:46, Mile 3:  8:20

No comments: