Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Projects – Thank God for Craigslist

We are in the process of putting in a stamped concrete patio.  In preparation to do so, we need to remove the existing wood deck, break-up the existing slab patio, dig up some plants, and move a few sprinklers (including a box).  One of our friends recommended putting our deck on craigslist.  I had never thought of doing that.  To my surprise, I posted it at 1:50PM.  Within 15 minutes, I had 4 replies, and within 2 hours I had over 30.  I had to take the post down so that my inbox didn’t fill to capacity.  Each of the responses had something similar to “I have tools in the truck I can be there in an hour” or “I can remove it immediately”.  So, not only was I able to get rid of my deck, but I was more than assisted in the process.  Who’d have thought…

No comments: